The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn

The Viscount Who Loved Me - Julia Quinn

2 helms

Please follow me on my blog :) Review originally posted on Vellum Voyages

Not even sure where to start on this book. I was looking forward to reading the second installment in the Bridgerton Saga to see if JQ had redeemed herself in my eyes. The D&I was not bad once you looked past a few flaws but this didn’t even make an impact on me. It struggled to get my attention at certain points & the story was slow which is a shame as Anthony had a standout personality in the D&I. I didn’t mind the overprotective big brother act from the D&I which was well executed by JQ in my opinion.

Anthony wants to marry Kate’s sister Edwina as he has decided in his mind that she is the perfect wife for him in looks & personality. He didn’t count on falling for Edwina’s plain older sister Kate with her meddlesome ways & challenging personality. Anthony & Kate’s relationship was lost in the book & to be honest I can’t even remember how they fell in love once I finished reading. The usual modern vernacular can be found here too which again annoyed me. Sorry JQ! I just can’t seem to let this go! I did enjoy the Pall Mall game scene as I do love the Bridgerton antics as a family!

I’m going to take a break from the family & will eventually revisit them in the future. I don’t know why I can’t seem to get into this well loved series! Oh well each to their own I suppose. I am looking forward to eventually reading Colin’s story so won’t be too long till I get back into it :)